Need information regarding Configuration file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhu1981
Participant

Need information regarding Configuration file

Post by Madhu1981 »

Hi,

I am running one datastage job in my UAT environment, where my source contains 70 lacks rows. Now i am using a congiguration file which contains 5 nodes and its taking very long time to run the job.

I have two more configuration files with 9 nodes and 12 nodes. Which configuration file, i have to use to make better performance.

Kindly help me.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There are too many factors that affect performance speed that you haven't told us for anyone to make a good suggestion. We don't even know how many physical processors your maching has and if the job is waiting on I/O or on CPU. And your other post only has one processing node defined, so perhaps you aren't using the 5 nodes you think you are.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If your other post was anything to go by, most of the nodes are purely for interacting with DB2. Is this the case? Where is the slowness?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.