Filter and Aggregator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijayrc
Participant

Filter and Aggregator

Post by vijayrc »

Hi, I have a CFF as Input and a Filter to split the CFF input into two CFF's based on two criteria. With CFF_Out1 and CFF_Out2, as input to an AGGREGATOR, I wanted an output that is sum of certain criteria.
This is the problem:- When I tried to add a link to an AGGREGATOR, the link shows up as only Reject link between CFF_Out and Aggregator...Am I missing something here.....Any help is appreciated. Thanks, V
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Filter and Aggregator

Post by us1aslam1us »

vijayrc wrote: This is the problem:- When I tried to add a link to an AGGREGATOR, the link shows up as only Reject link between CFF_Out and Aggregator...Am I missing something here.....Any help is appreciated. Thanks, V
I believe you are doing something wrong there try right clicking on the link and convert it to stream.maybe that can help .

Thanks
sam
vijayrc
Participant

Re: Filter and Aggregator

Post by vijayrc »

us1aslam1us wrote:
vijayrc wrote: This is the problem:- When I tried to add a link to an AGGREGATOR, the link shows up as only Reject link between CFF_Out and Aggregator...Am I missing something here.....Any help is appreciated. Thanks, V
I believe you are doing something wrong there try right clicking on the link and convert it to stream.maybe that can help .

Thanks
sam
Tried changing to Stream link..but comes out w/ this error
[40831] Source stage does not support non-reject output links whilst it has input links

Well..Learning..I took out CFF_Out and directly gave the link from the Filter to the Aggregator to an output file. And this helps. Thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

CFF stage is a passive stage. It cannot have both input and output link together.
It can have only one input link to CFF and one reject link from the CFF stage.
Perhaps you may need to use another job to read that file and aggregate it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
khaja
Participant

Stages in PX

Post by khaja »

Hi

1.I would like to know how a dataset works and difference
between Complex flat file and normal flat file
2.What a Copy stage does is it useful only to transfer data from one stage to other
K.Hameed
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Most passive stages, the CFF included, have only one output link. There may also be an optional rejects link. A Copy stage copies its input to one or more outputs. It can drop or rename columns as part of this process.

A Data Set doesn't "work" in any sense you're asking about; it's a location in memory or on disk in which data are placed, stored in internal format, and from which another stage can acquire the data without the need to generate either an export or an import operator.

There may or may not be any difference between a complex and a normal flat file. If there is, it may be that the complex flat file has more than one record type, or has repeating groups.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.