XML input source rows are not passing.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bala_135
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML input source rows are not passing.

Post by bala_135 »

Hi,

I am extracting an XML source to a sequential file.I am using a folder stage as input to the XML input stage,defined the metadata through manager and loaded into a sequential filestage.No Errors no warnings.
But data is not flowing from XML Input stage to sequential stage.

Any inputs most appreciated.

Sample source
<category>
<category_id>1</category_id>
<category_desc>xxxxxx</category_desc>
</category>

In the documentation also i can get very few inputs regarding XML Where can i get the documentation for this.Should i contact IBM.

Thank you in advance,

Bala.
ushasunkara
Participant

Post by ushasunkara »

Hi Bala,
What kind of error msg are you getting in the director log?
when i tried out with a sample as you told,
Folder stage -> XML input -> Seq file

it's passing through...

is ur xml passing thru folder stage to XML input stage? did u check that?
if it is passing thru the first stage and u r not able to see anything in ur seq file, then one reason i cud think of is: ur xml is not validated properly, so it is not able to load...

u wud get an error in the log saying document parsing failed, Xalan fatal error...

So, let me know whether it is going thru the first stage, and failing at the second stage, then probably it has to do with ur xml input...
but if it is not passing thru first stage only, then maybe we can go in detail the column names and values u r passing ....

good luck,
Usha
bala_135
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bala_135 »

Hi Usha,

Thank u for the reply.Only 1 row is passing through the folder stage to XML stage.Am i making a mistake in that first.

No warnings or error message in the director log

Regards,
Bala
ushasunkara
Participant

Post by ushasunkara »

Bala,
if u can see that 1 row is passing, then there is nothing wrong with the first stage...

but u cannot see anything in the director log???
hmmm...have u checked "Log reject errors" in the XML input stage??

do that ...and then run ur job...in ur director log, u can see the warning msg...that something is wrong with the XML.