MQ - Remote Queue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijay.rajendran
Participant

MQ - Remote Queue

Post by vijay.rajendran »

Team,

Our client have the following environment

MQ - Server - Unix
DataStage Server 7.5x2 - Windows 2003
Local MQ-Manager (Windows 2003 same box as DSEE 7.5x2)

The requirement is to get and put the messages into the Remote Queue (MQ-Server in Unix).

I created the local Queue manager and local Queue. When I place messages DSEE works fine. I am able to read and write messge to the local MQ-Queue.

When I try to write to the remote Queue from the DataStage job it always fails with
"Failed to connect to Queue Manager: Reason Code 2058" (Means Queue Manager Not valid or not known.)

But I am able to read and wite to the Queue from the command line
I configured the environment variable "MQSERVER=<Channel>/TCP/<MQ - Host Name>"
amqsputc
amqsgetc

My questions are

a. Can datastage communicate with remote Queue?
b. If yes for the above then is there anything to be taken care in specific from the configuration side like security etc?

c. If no for the above is there a work around? (I understand the remote Queue can be defined on the local Queue Manager, but the customer have 100's of Queue it will be very difficut from maintenance prespective).

Thanks & Regards
Vijay
vijay.rajendran
Participant

Re: MQ - Remote Queue

Post by vijay.rajendran »

Figured out how to perform this

Install the MQ-Server and perfor the following step.
Back up mqm.dll
Re-name MQ client lib (mqic32.dll) to mqm.dll (the name of the server lib)

and it works, reads from Remote Queue writes to Remote Queue.

Thanks
Vijay
vijay.rajendran wrote:Team,

Our client have the following environment

MQ - Server - Unix
DataStage Server 7.5x2 - Windows 2003
Local MQ-Manager (Windows 2003 same box as DSEE 7.5x2)

The requirement is to get and put the messages into the Remote Queue (MQ-Server in Unix).

I created the local Queue manager and local Queue. When I place messages DSEE works fine. I am able to read and write messge to the local MQ-Queue.

When I try to write to the remote Queue from the DataStage job it always fails with
"Failed to connect to Queue Manager: Reason Code 2058" (Means Queue Manager Not valid or not known.)

But I am able to read and wite to the Queue from the command line
I configured the environment variable "MQSERVER=<Channel>/TCP/<MQ - Host Name>"
amqsputc
amqsgetc

My questions are

a. Can datastage communicate with remote Queue?
b. If yes for the above then is there anything to be taken care in specific from the configuration side like security etc?

c. If no for the above is there a work around? (I understand the remote Queue can be defined on the local Queue Manager, but the customer have 100's of Queue it will be very difficut from maintenance prespective).

Thanks & Regards
Vijay