Dynamic lookup to table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

forboy
Participant

Dynamic lookup to table

Post by forboy »

How can I do a dynamic lookup.

I have a situation where Iam looking up a table and and table is constantly getting updated by some other job. I need these updated values reflected in the lookup as both the job runs at same time.

Thank You
Forboy
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Cant you lookup on the table that is being updated. If you are using a DB2 table then you cannot read from the table at the time of an update because a table level lock occurs.
You will have to run the jobs sequentially in that case.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
forboy
Participant

Post by forboy »

DSguru2B wrote:Cant you lookup on the table that is being updated. If you are using a DB2 table then you cannot read from the table at the time of an update because a table level lock occurs.
You will have to run the jobs sequentially in that case.

I guess lookup gets all the records into memory when the job is started. And if that table is updated , is that updated values reflect in the lookup.

forboy
Amit Jaiswal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amit Jaiswal »

Yes you can do this by using sparsed lookup option instead of normal lookup. In case of db2 udb this is possible only with EE stage.
-Amit