stopping process

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhaskarreddy
Participant

stopping process

Post by bhaskarreddy »

Hi,
i want stop the process for the particular job, i got many warnings in the log file if i reset the same job and running the job again its showing previous log and still it is generating warnings
can any one help
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you re-run a job with the same parameters and inputs/outputs, don't you expect the same results with lots of warnings?

Are you looking to get rid of the warnings, or to set the job so it aborts after a given amount of warnings?

btw, This quote is attributed to Albert Einstein:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

@ Andrw :)

Reddy,
Why dont you look into the log and try to understand where and what the warnings are about.
Post a few and please tell us what are you trying to do in the job.
Just saying that I am getting warnings doesnot help us nor you.
Thanks
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
bhaskarreddy
Participant

Post by bhaskarreddy »

Hi all we are sorry first of all that this post has been repeated.

Let me come to the topic, We have not repetedly run the job knowing that it is generating the warning messages....
The source table is having 75000 records and so that it is keeping on generating the Log messages due to unique key violation.
Now my question is how can clear the log completely or kill the process so that it stops gerating the log /warning messages.
Thankyou and sorry for the trouble

Bhaskar
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

If you kill the job process you will not have any logs created then. Do you want that to happen?

Change your warning limit in the director from unlimited, to some number so that the job aborts after certain warnings.
Does that answer your question?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
dprasanth
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dprasanth »

bhaskarreddy wrote:Hi all we are sorry first of all that this post has been repeated.

Let me come to the topic, We have not repetedly run the job knowing that it is generating the warning messages....
The source table is having 75000 records and so that it is keeping on generating the Log messages due to unique key violation.
Now my question is how can clear the log completely or kill the process so that it stops gerating the log /warning messages.
Thankyou and sorry for the trouble

Bhaskar
Bhaskar,
If you want to stop the Warning message coming from next runs, you can go to director --->View-->Filter Entries--> (right hand side on TYPE, uncheck the Warning box) , So that from next time you will not see any warning messages.
If you want to stop the job right now, go to adminstrator and clear the status log and that might stop the job from running.
bhaskarreddy
Participant

Post by bhaskarreddy »

I want to kill the job exactly can u tell me the process and do not want any logs to gerarted
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Goto the director and just stop the job.