DB2 Timestamp Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

newsaur
Participant

DB2 Timestamp Problem

Post by newsaur »

My DataStage installation seems to have problem dealing with Timestamp datatype with DB2.

I have a simple testing job with a DB2 Enterprise Stage selecting a single timestamp column, and output to a sequential file. The job failed during execution with error "main_program: Fatal Error: Invalid Format".

In Designer, when using "View Data" function directly at the DB2 Enterprise Stage, data is returned properly on the view data window.

We have already tried playing around with the format string / microsecond extension...etc but ended up with the same error.

Appreciate any suggestion to tackle this problem.

Thanks.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

In that case, try usign a transformer to convert it to a string and write it into a sequential file.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you using the default timestamp format? If not, is the format you have specified valid (for example, does each component have a leading "%" character)? Are you returning fractional seconds from DB2, which your format does not recognize?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.