Problem With Datastage Project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem With Datastage Project

Post by Vinodanand »

Hi,

I had my datastage project Categorised in a folder structure . All of a sudden now i have Folder without name and when i clcik on them it opens another folder and so on replicating the entire jobs in the project for every unnamed folder. Has the project been corrupted.. I'm really not sure, due to which i'm unable to open my manager or director for the corresponding Project... Is there any way by which i can attach a snapshot {pic} of my designer in this mail...

As i'm unable to open my manager is there any other way by which i can export my jobs to another project....
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Perhaps your UV.ACCOUNT got currupted.
Your project1 PATH is pointing to your unammed directory.
Better take a backup of all exixting projects from you folder structure. Delete the impacted project and Recreate the same. Copy back the backed up project to the newly crated one.
You can upload you picuture into some of website like yahoo photos. And use 'Img' to make it viewable here.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

kumar_s wrote:Perhaps your UV.ACCOUNT got currupted.
Your project1 PATH is pointing to your unammed directory.
Better take a backup of all exixting projects from you folder structure. Delete the impacted project and Recreate the same. Copy back the backed up project to the newly crated one.
You can upload you picuture into some of website like yahoo photos. And use 'Img' to make it viewable here.
Hey kumar,

Thnx a lot for the solution, but hw cld i take a back up of my projects as i'm unable to open my manager for this project...
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Vinod

When did you took your last datastage project backup?....
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to restart you server as the first option and check you could get some better options available.
Else as rescue operation, copy your windows project folder and backup it.
Next try to do a Reindex to the particular project. (Also make sure not client connection established.) Search for REINDEX for more details.
If no use, delete the current project using Datastage adminstrator and recreate with the same name. And copy back the backuped up folders.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

kumar_s wrote:Try to restart you server as the first option and check you could get some better options available.
Else as rescue operation, copy your windows project folder and backup it.
Next try to do a Reindex to the particular project. (Also make sure not client connection established.) Search for REINDEX for more details.
If no use, delete the current project using Datastage adminstrator and recreate with the same name. And copy back the backuped up folders.
Hi,

As i'm using a unix Hp Box OS, I can copy the Project folder from the server,but the problem i have is now that my project is corrupted if i take a backup of my project folder i would sill have the corrupted files in it and wen i recreate the project and move the back ups i will have the same prob again...
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Sorry I didnt noticed that it is unix.
But the backup is the left over option. You need to log ticket to IBM. The people will advise you the proceedings. And you may be charged if the process is bit comples.
But you can confirm whether the assumption made is correct.

Code: Select all

Logto TCL
cd $DSHOME
bin/dssh
LOGTO {project}
SELECT * FROM UV.ACCOUNTS WHERE @ID = 'project'
Make sure the PATH is pointing to the correct location.

And now I want to know, what you mean 'Folder without name '
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

I was referring to the Categories we can create using manager...
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Vinodanand wrote:I was referring to the Categories we can create using manager...
What you mean Categories without name.
You mean Empty Categories. Witout jobs.
Reindex should help.
Better try to paste the image.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Try to reindex using DS.TOOLS from the TCL prompt or from the ADMIN tool; it might be as simple as a case of currupted indices.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is your client running on Windows XP sp2 ? I have seen this on a couple of sites; the version is always 7.5.x. I do not know the cause.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is your client running on Windows XP sp2 ? I have seen this on a couple of sites; the version is always 7.5.x. I do not know the cause. ...
Yes Ray .. My client is running on Windows XP SP -2.

Arnd... Can u be a bit more explanative on how to rebuild the indices...
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Close all you client connection.
From your command prompt.

cd $DSHOME
. ./dsenv
bin/dssh
LOGTO {project}
DS.TOOLS
TCL is case sensitive.
Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Vinodanand »

kumar_s wrote:Close all you client connection.
From your command prompt.

cd $DSHOME
. ./dsenv
bin/dssh
LOGTO {project}
DS.TOOLS
TCL is case sensitive.
Thnx kumar.. what does that 2 stand for ... is it enough if i run this piece of code...
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If you logged into DS.TOOLS the 2nd option is 'Rebuild Repository indices'