Unable to create a Project with deleted name

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Unable to create a Project with deleted name

Post by kumar_s »

Hi DSXians,

I have deleted a project.
Some issue raised to delete the project from Adminstrator client, hence I delted from Unix and performed

Code: Select all

DELETE FROM UV.ACCOUNT WHERE @ID = 'project'
It got deleted. Where i perform

SELECT * FROM UV.ACCOUNT WHERE @ID = 'PROJECT'
it gave me 0 records.
When I create a new Project with the same name, it gave me 'schema already exist'. Should I need to edit UV.SCHEMA?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Yes, you need to get rid of the references in UV_SCHEMA as well.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

ArndW wrote:Yes, you need to get rid of the references in UV_SCHEMA as well.
I think it is not same as UV.ACCOUNT. Should I need to use ED.
If so, may I know what is the exact commands.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You can do a "DELETE UV_SCHEMA Project2"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Oh no you can't! UV_SCHEMA is specifically protected and can only be modified using DDL statements or the repair utility VERIFY.SQL.

To clean up UV_SCHEMA you need the VERIFY.SQL command, specifying the pathname - not the name - of the project. Do it without the FIX option first.

VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA /pathname/Project2
This will tell you what "repair" is likely to be effected. It should show you that the entry will be removed from UV_SCHEMA (and a whole lot of other entries from UV_TABLES, UV_COLUMNS and so on). If this seems right, run the same command with the FIX keyword appended.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Ahhh- I realized that after I posted but had to run off to do some work!!!! Thanks for the correction and explanation; I also want to caution against doing anything with the UV_SCHEMA file as it is possible to completely ruin an installation by messing up this file.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kumar,

same general topic as before - you've got a messed up system; playing with the UV_SCHEMA file might concievably ruin your whole installation, not just one project. You may issue a "DROP SCHEMA {schemaname};" command at TCL. I would prefer that you created an entry in UV.ACCOUNT that points to an empty directory, then use the ADMINistrator tool to delete the (dummy) Project2 from the system in order to ensure that all refernces are removed. BTW, messing up your UV_SCHEMA file might irrevocably ruin you current install, even restoring the UV_SCHEMA from a backup might not work (I've had that happen to me before).
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

A project was currupted long back. All I am doing is to find a possible way to recover back, by creating a new proejct and inserting an entry into UV.ACCOUNT and copying the filestystem from the old project. But become a vain attempt. Also a understood that it may screw up the exixting projects as well.

The atempt to create an entry in UV.ACCOUNT and droping from Adminstrator client doesnt works, since there is not directry in unix, it throws out error.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Create an empty directory in that location pointed to by the UV.ACCOUNT, then execute a 'dssh' and create an empty account using ideal compatibility.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

ArndW wrote:Create an empty directory in that location pointed to by the UV.ACCOUNT, then execute a 'dssh' and create an empty account using ideal compatibility.
May I know how to create an empty accout using dssh.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Be in that directory when you launch 'dssh' - it will prompt you for the rest. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

chulett wrote:Be in that directory when you launch 'dssh' - it will prompt you for the rest. :wink:
Got it.

But still the ideal compatability didnt helped. When i access from adminsitrator client, it gave out error code (30105) and Message of 'DSR_NLS (Action=14); Check Datastage is set up correctly'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Delete the directory and all its contents. Make sure that its parent directory still exists.
Delete the entry from UV.ACCOUNT.
Delete the entry from UV_SCHEMA using VERIFY.SQL with the pathname (not the name) of the schema.

Create new project using Administrator client.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

After deleting the directory, VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA 'path/project' gives
"'path/project' is not a DataStage account."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's good. Do it with FIX now.