Problem in exporting job by category

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

legendkiller
Participant

Problem in exporting job by category

Post by legendkiller »

Hi,

I am getting error while trying to export job from manager by category option.

here error is coming for one particular project only and when export is by category.( I am able to export the individual job for same project) even dsadm usedid is throwing same error.

Is this is problem related to project settings.

error - error caling subroutine Datastage DSR_SELECT( Action =7); check the datastage is set up curretly in project ( subroutine failed to complete successfully(30107))
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Hi

Your problem mostly releates to repository. Do a search on this forum there are number of posts covered for this problem.
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If you are able to export all the jobs in the Category individually and if not as category, then reindexing your project should work.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
legendkiller
Participant

Post by legendkiller »

I will also like to know that what exactley re-indexing will do and how to do it
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If a DataStage hashed file/table has an index on a column, any SELECTs that use that column as part of the selection criteria will use the index. If the index has somehow become corrupt or invalid, a SELECT on that file will return incorrect rows even though the file itself contains the correct information. You can reindex your project using the DS.TOOLS command line menu from TCL or from the Administrator.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Reindex merely rebuilds the database indexes on your Repository database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
legendkiller
Participant

Post by legendkiller »

Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses. I have never done this before so just i want to know some more things before i do this :roll:

1) Is this re-indexing is done for one particular project. I have 3-4 different project and problem that i have mentioned is coming for only one project.

2) If it can be done only for particular project then is there is impact on other projects.

3) What types of steps i need to follow before starting re-indexing for project. ( Do i need to ensure that all connection to particular project or datastage are closed).

4) Finally where can i find help on DS.TOOl utility so that i can get connand for re-indexing 8)
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Yes, you need to make sure all the connection are closed.
Reindexing is proejct oriented. So reindexing one project wont affect other.
AS mentioned, you can find the the DS.TOOLS under the administrator client window.
Use dsadm for this purpose.
Goto project tab in the administrator client, select the required project. Click on the Command button. Type in DS.TOOLS and Execute. You would get the list of items ot be entered. Type 2.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'