Testing the code

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smitageorge
Participant

Testing the code

Post by smitageorge »

Hi all,

Can anybody help me in understanding the development to prod cycle.This is the first time i am going beyond the development.

I would like to know for testing what do i need to send like the .dsx file for the jobsequence and the individual jobs, parmscript and whatelse?

Thanks gurus
smita
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Smitha

Moving from Development to Test and then to Production environment is not just datastage alone you need to consider all the components involved in your project.

Datastage : Intially for the first time you can export the full project using datastage manager and then import into your test project. After that you can either use Datastage version control or still use export features to migrate the new versions to test environment. If you are using version control then you can make the code as read only in your test environment. Make sure all related objects are migrated (ie Jobs, Sequence, User defined Functions etc)

DataBase : You have to migrate all the DDL scripts(Create table, views etc), Stored Procedures, other objects if used

OS Environment : All the scripts used for your project, folders, etc

These are some of the main things which you need to consider while migrating to another environment. I am sure there will be other things which you would have used in your project which need to be added to the list.
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar