Stages doubts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Stages doubts

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

Please help me . I have a requirement like this I have to look to a table DB2 for xxx,yyy,zzz columms with input source file and if it matched then I need to filter by condition (validfromdate from inputfile =or <> validfromdate in db2 table)and I must write records to db2 table. And I need to write the records from the source file to the table if there are no matching xxx,yyy,zzz colummsin db2 table (failed lookup records to DB2 table). can I use a reject link connected to lookup so that I can catch the records that failed the lookup condition and Iam writing records to a transformer which satisfied the lookup condition and Iam giving a constraint in transformer as lkup_validfromdate=lkup_DatB(validfromdate) to filter records that match the lookup condition.

CAN I CATCH THE REJECTED RECORDS IN LOOKUP(THAT DOESNOT SATISFY LOOKUP CONDITION) IF NOT THEN HOW TO ACHIEVE.

Thanks,
Somaraju.
somaraju
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Somu

Yes, you can catch record/s doesn't match in the reject link.
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Rasi,

Thanks for your answer. But When Iam connecting a look up to a reject link. Reject link is not allowed unless input reference link failure property is set to reject. Iam having a sequential file connected to transformer and connected to lookup its a stream link and reference link is DB2 /UDB API stage I couldbot find any properties in that stage where should I have to give this reference failure property . Please help me

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Somu

You can open the Lookup Stage Conditions dialog box by:

Double-clicking on the Condition: bar on a reference link.

Selecting Conditions from the background shortcut menu.

Clicking the Conditions toolbar button.

Selecting Conditions from the link shortcut menu.

Thanks
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Rasi,

I really appreciate you for helping me out. Thanks one more time for helping me to achieve my target

Thanks,
Somu.
somaraju