Function docs other than Parallel Job Developer's Guide

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

crsimms
Charter Member
Charter Member

Function docs other than Parallel Job Developer's Guide

Post by crsimms »

Hello,

I am new to EE programming, so please bear with me. Is there a source of EE function documentation, those functions that are pre-packaged and can be accessed within the Transformer stage, that is complete with full explanations of argument/return values? This information seems to be missing in that which is provided by Parallel Job Developer's Guide.

Thanks,
Chris Simms

Mobile: +972 989 0919
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Chris

Unfortunately that's what we have as document for Functions. Even I would like to have some examples along with the function documentation. May be we should add this in the wish list for next release.

Regards
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
ameyvaidya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ameyvaidya »

Hi Chris,
That info is buried deep in the guide in Appendix B(page 1091 of 1130). The examples and complete descriptions are non-existent but atleast you have a list of supported arguments and return values.

It's not very good but thats all there is(Best way is to build a small test job and figure out how a function works or doesnt for yourself)..
Amey Vaidya<i>
I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand.</i>
<i>- Douglas Adams</i>