move from server to parallel extender

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

move from server to parallel extender

Post by sainath »

Hi
I want to move from server to parallel.what i should learn and can you search some key words for search in this forum.
thks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Sainath,

I did a transition from Server to Parallel Extender by printing out and reading the PX documentation (in the PDF files that install in to the same client directory as do the Sever ones). That isn't sufficient, but it forms the basis for further learning. Another approach which would be helpful, albeit pricey if you need to finance it yourself, is to attend a training class. Not only do you get the training but you get the valuable training materials as well.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

One such training class option would of course be the World Famous Ray Wurlod Server to Parallel Transition Lab. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If you are confident and posses sound knowlege in Server, I personally feel the given documentation is more than sufficient. Once you done with the Documents, just stick to this forum, from which you can learn a lot, even more than a dedicated courses.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I disagree. Given that there's a huge mindset change, having some guidance (maybe a transition class, maybe something else) is far more value than trying to learn out of what are, in reality, just reference manuals for those who have a fundamental understanding of what they're doing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.