Sequencer Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhu1981
Participant

Sequencer Jobs

Post by Madhu1981 »

My situation is, I want to fire a JOB2, irrespective of JOB1 gets failed, success, or with warnings.
If i use "Unconditional" Trigger for a Job which is aborted, Its not firing the JOB2. Its simply aborting the sequncer job.
If i use "Unconditional" Trigger for a Job which is Finished OK or Finished with warnings, Its firing theJOB2 and running succesfully.

Even the job fails, Unconditional Trigger will execute the next stage or Not.

KindlY Help Me
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What options have you enabled in the Sequence job properties? Are you telling it to 'Automatically handle activities that fail'? If so, that is one of the ways that it 'handles' it. :wink:

Either turn that off or make it think you are handling it by running two triggers from the Job Activity stage to a Sequencer stage set to 'Any' before you go on to the next job. Use a combination of 'Ok' and 'Otherwise' triggers to override it's desire to fail the Sequence at that point when the Job fails.

And before someone else comes along and whacks you for it, they are Sequence jobs, not Sequencer jobs. A Sequencer is a stage type used within a Sequence job to control job flow.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'