Error When Comiling the Job Sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ram1899
Charter Member
Charter Member

Error When Comiling the Job Sequencer

Post by ram1899 »

Hi All
I'm getting this error when compiling the Job Sequencer

<JobSeqGenError>
<Code>2017</Code>
<Desc>XML parser error on input line 0: source='', reason='The system cannot locate the resource specified.
'</Desc>
<LineNum>0</LineNum>
<Line></Line>
<Ref></Ref>
<Version>7.1.0.8</Version>
</JobSeqGenError>

If the Same Sequencer is compiled by my other developers they could compile. I'm seeing this error for forst time. Can you please suggest me the causes for this error.

Thanks In Advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sometimes this is caused by not having write permission to the folder on your client machine where the XML document is to be written. Otherwise, there is something in your job sequence that can not be found in the Repository. Check with your support provider as to the meaning of error code 2017.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ram1899
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ram1899 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Sometimes this is caused by not having write permission to the folder on your client machine where the XML document is to be written. Otherwise, there is something in your job sequence that can not be found in the Repository. Check with your support provider as to the meaning of error code 2017.

Thanks Ray

You may be right I'm using a machine which not assigned to me, But I could log on and use this PC I'm on this project for couple of weeks. When compiling the Jobs I'm not getting this error I get this only when compiling the Sequencer Jobs

Also can you please tell me what is the folder neme where this XML doc will be written

Thank you In Advnace
MTA
Participant

Post by MTA »

This shoul dbe under your project folder usually your project folder is under $DSHOME
M.T.Anwer
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent;
the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
-Aiden Nowlan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it's not your DataStage client folder (C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage) it's one of the sub-folders therein.

It is NOT on the server machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
blewip
Participant

Post by blewip »

I am also getting this error, compiling sequences, but jobs are okay.

My p.c is new, but I am an administrator, and I have refeshed the security to the DataStage client folders just in case.

I am wondering if this is a bug, I am running 7.5.1.

If I don't hear anything, I will raise this with Ascential (IBM)
blewip
Participant

Post by blewip »

My problem was actually caused by the p.c's network card set to Half Duplex.

My more complex jobs didn't compile either.