formatting to XML

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swamiar
Participant

formatting to XML

Post by swamiar »

Hi,

I want to develop a job that reads data from a sequential file and formats it into XML. This XML has to be messaged using the MQseries. can anyone give the guidelines towards developing this?

Aravind.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Aravind,

you seem to have 2 requirements:

1. Converting a sequential stream into formatted XML.
Look at the documentation and help for information on XML.
2. writing the XML to MQ Series.
Look at the documentation and help for information on MQ Series.

Both XML and MQ Series have specific .pdf documents devoted exclusively to those plugins and will go into detail on how to use them.

In addition to the documentation this forum can probably answer most of your specific questions if you use the search facility.

And finally the people in this forum are going to be helpful in providing any additional answers or pointers that you might have.

But your question is too broad and vague to get any really good answers; it's like asking "I want to write a C++ program, can anyone give me guidelines" -> you will get lots of information but very little that will help you solve the problem.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Private Message received:
Hi,

I want to develop a job that reads data from a sequential file and formats it into XML. This XML has to be messaged using the MQseries. can you please give some guidelines towards developing this?

Thanks and regards,

Aravind.
Approaches via private message or private email are regarded as requests to engage professional services.

If that is what you wish to do, please revert with purchase order or some other guarantee of payment, or request for quotation.

Otherwise please post to the forum, so that you can benefit from more than one person's experience, and that others can benefit for example if searching in the future.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yukon
Participant

where is the xml docs

Post by yukon »

I have been trying to find the xml doc but have had no luck. Where is this?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

If you have it, it will be in the Docs folder with your client software. But you will have had to have purchased the XML PACK or some other PACK that includes the XML stages.

The documents are also on the media via which that software was delivered, unless it was downloaded. Not sure whence you can download the manuals for purchased PACKs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.