Column names in the sequential file output with delimiter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rgn_g
Participant

Column names in the sequential file output with delimiter

Post by rgn_g »

Can somebody help me how to output column names to a sequential file
along with data with the delimiter.I am feeding the output of a transformer to a sequential file.
Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

One of the options in your sequential file stage is to include the columns names as the first line in the output. I'm not sure if it is a tick-box in PX as it is in Server, but I do know that the option exists in the stage since I've used it before.
tardifma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tardifma »

Hi rgn_g.
In the sequential file stage, there is an option named: "First Line is Column Names = False". Change it to True.

And in the Format tab of this stage, you can specify which delimiter you want. You can choose "None", "Comma"... or you can even type it is the list... ; for instance...

Hope it helps.

Mathieu
The Brute
rgn_g
Participant

Post by rgn_g »

ArndW wrote:One of the options in your sequential file stage is to include the columns names as the first line in the output. I'm not sure if it is a tick-box in PX as it is in Server, but I do know that the option exists in the stage since I've used it before.

Will apprecaite if you could tell me exactly which tickbox or setting can make this happen in a PX job to output columns with delimiter along with data and delimiter.Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Didn't Mathieu answer it for you?
rgn_g
Participant

Post by rgn_g »

tardifma wrote:Hi rgn_g.
In the sequential file stage, there is an option named: "First Line is Column Names = False". Change it to True.

And in the Format tab of this stage, you can specify which delimiter you want. You can choose "None", "Comma"... or you can even type it is the list... ; for instance...

Hope it helps.

Mathieu

Thanks!! for your help .It was right in front of the eye yet I overlooked.Appreciate it :)
bahut2000
Participant

Post by bahut2000 »

tardifma wrote:Hi rgn_g.

Hope it helps.

Mathieu
Hello Mathieu,
I have a similar question.What you said above solves column not appearing problem,but does not add the dilimiter to the first line containing the column names even after adding delimiter in the format tab.
Please help
Thanks
Giri Narayanan
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

HI Giri,
Delimiter setting is not different for Header and detail. If your detail data has comma delimiter, your header should also hold the same. Pls check the setting once again.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'