How to clear hunders of job instance except compiling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

daniel0623
Charter Member
Charter Member

How to clear hunders of job instance except compiling

Post by daniel0623 »

Hi all,
In this case,we have hunders of jobs.And every day each job will create hunders of instances.So we must clear instance every two days.Or it is very slow to open datastage director. We can't clear instance by compiling job because dataStage server does not have job designs.
Can I clear hunders of instances by unix command line or by datastage administartor command line?Thanks for help.

Daniel
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The instance ids are stored in 2 places. The RT_LOGnnn file and RT_STATUSnnn. If you delete the correct records then it will not refresh the Director until you disconnect and reconnect.

This is slightly dangerous to delete these records. If you delete the wrong records then the job may quit to function properly. I am sure IBM would not appreciate deleting these records outside their products.

I see your need and know how annoying this is. I think I posted the SQL to report on these fields. I will search for it and post the link.

viewtopic.php?t=89939
viewtopic.php?t=91421
Mamu Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You really need to change this routine to look at how old the instance id is. Maybe purge anything over 2 days old.
Mamu Kim