sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

knowledge
Participant

sequencer

Post by knowledge »

Hi All,

I have sequencer where I have 6 dimensiond , two facts etc,

job1---->job2---->

job3---->job4----> sequencer(ALL)-------->Fact

job5---->job6---->

All six dimensions are independent , all are running independently , but when one of the job is getting aborted , if I run the sequence , it runs from first job ,and load the table again ,

Though in job parametr I have enabled add checkpoint so sequence is restartable on failure but then also it starts from first job ,

please suggest am I doing anything wrong ,

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Tell us what the log says about the first run and about the second run.
What is the status (exactly as reported) of the job sequence (not "sequencer") after the first abort?

Did you re-compile the job sequence after checking the "enable checkpoint" box - after all, it's a compiler option.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
knowledge
Participant

sequence

Post by knowledge »

Hey ray ,

Thanks for the replay

My sequencer is getting aborted as my fact job is getting aborted (some reason I wll check it )

The log is :
seq..JobControl (DSRunJob): Waiting for job GRANT_APPLICATIONS_TEST to start
seq..JobControl (DSRunJob): Waiting for job CopyOfD_Time1 to start
seq..JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Waiting for job D_Payee+GRANT_APPLICATIONS_TEST+CopyOfD_Time1 to finish
seq..JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Job CopyOfD_Time1 has finished, status = 2 (Finished with warnings)
seq..JobControl (@D_Time): Job CopyOfD_Time1 did not finish OK, status = 'Finished with warnings'
seq..JobControl (DSRunJob): Waiting for job D_GRANT_APPLICANTS_1 to start
seq..JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Waiting for job D_Payee+GRANT_APPLICATIONS_TEST+D_GRANT_APPLICANTS_1 to finish
seq..JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Job D_Payee has finished, status = 2 (Finished with warnings)
seq..JobControl (@D_Payee): Job D_Payee did not finish OK, status = 'Finished with warnings'
seq..JobControl (DSPrepareJob): Attempting to reset failed job f_award_balances1
seq -> (f_award_balances1): Job reset requested
seq..JobControl (DSRunJob): Waiting for job f_award_balances1 to start
seq..JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Waiting for job f_award_balances1 to finish
seq..JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Job f_award_balances1 has finished, status = 21 (Has been reset)
seq -> (f_award_balances1): Job run requested
Mode (row/warn limits) = 0/0
Job Parameters --->
$ORACLE_SID=orcl
$ORACLE_PASS=LDH@1:VH>9;M0GGI48J<CKIF
$ORACLE_UID=EDW_DEV
DSJobController=seq
eq..JobControl (DSRunJob): Waiting for job f_award_balances1 to start
seq..JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Waiting for job f_award_balances1 to finish
seq..JobControl (DSWaitForJob): Job f_award_balances1 has finished, status = 3 (Aborted)
seq..JobControl (@F_Award_Balances1): Job f_award_balances1 did not finish OK, status = 'Aborted'

do we have to recompile the sequence once it is aborted , how we will do it if I have to schedule the sequence ,

Thanks ,

please let me know if u want further details
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This post came in immediately ahead of yours, and explains that you don't need to recompile after an abort.

There is nothing in your job log to indicate that the job sequence is checkpointed. You do need to recompile after checking this box.

What happens if you just try to re-run the job sequence after it aborts?
If it's a checkpointed/restartable job sequence it should skip any jobs that finished successfully and proceed from the first job that didn't.

In your log NONE of the jobs finished successfully. "Successfully" means no warnings.

Create jobs that do not generate warnings if you want this mechanism to work properly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.