Error accessing Parallel engine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Tasneem
Participant

Error accessing Parallel engine

Post by Tasneem »

Hi,

I am facing a new fatal error.
Error accessing Parallel engine; possible bad value for environment variable 'APT_ORCHHOME', or machine permission / resource problem accessing '/opt/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin/osh'.

Please tell me what needs to be done.
Also where can I find all these configuration details.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Tasneem,

what is your value for the APT_ORCHHOME environment variable? Also, can you run the command orchadmin check? If not then you do need to set up your environment correctly. Also, it might help if you told us that this is a new installation, or that it has stopped working since some change, or that this only happens for one or more users but does work for others.

The manuals do discuss the environment and configuration settings
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Set this environment variable in the Administrator client, project properties. This is a very fundamental question; perhaps you could also enrol on the DataStage Essentials (Enterprise Edition) class.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Tasneem,
Are you the person who installed the Ascential EE software or you just a developer?

Your APT_ORCHHOME environment variable's valule should be set to something like, '/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine', NOT way down to '/../../PXEngine/bin/osh'.

As Ray pointed out that you should take the training class on the DataStage Essentials EE, otherwsie you are going to waste too much time to figure it out very basic stuff. Good luck.
ankitaporwal
Participant

Post by ankitaporwal »

Error accessing Parallel engine; possible bad value for environment variable 'APT_ORCHHOME', or machine permission / resource problem accessing 'C:/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine\bin\osh'.

This error is occuring while Running Job in windows 2003 Server, we have set Enviornment Variable APT_ORCHHOME in DataStage Administrator - C:/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine. With Same value of APT_ORCHHOME, another windows server 2000, data stage jobs running well.
We have checked osh command, it is running fine in windows 2003 server.
We have re-installed data stage in the same machine, but all in vain.
Kindly provide the solution for the same.
Thanks,
Ankita Porwal
IBM India Pvt Ltd.
Gurgaon
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Please begin a new thread. This may be an unrelated problem. We frown upon hijacking threads.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.