Error while loading data from Oracle Stage to SQL Svr Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reachthiru
Participant

Error while loading data from Oracle Stage to SQL Svr Stage

Post by reachthiru »

Hi,

I want to move some data from Oracle to SQL Server thru DataStage. So, I created a parallel job with Oracle Stage and SQL Server Stage. If I pull data directly from an Oracle table, then it is working absolutely fine. But if I use an user-defined query, then I am getting the error while running the job: APT_CombinedOperatorController,1: Fatal Error: Accessor type "string" does not match interface field type "ustring[max=50]".

Note that, one of my Oracle field in integer and I am loading it into an varchar field. But in my query, I have used the TO_CHAR function. Also all my target fields are varchar fields only. I also added a TRANSFORMER stage in between and tried StringToUString & UStringToString for no help. One more thing is, instead of using a SQL Server Stage, if I use Sequential Stage to write the data to a flat file, it is working without any problem. Can you please help me to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.
With regards,
Thiru
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Hi Thiru,

Try this.

In the column tab right click on the varchar column and select Edit Row. You will get an Dialog box known as "Edit Column Meta data" dialog box. In the dialog box there will be a check box known as "Extended (Unicode)". Uncheck it and try it again.

Hope this helps.

Regards
--Balaji S.R
reachthiru
Participant

Post by reachthiru »

Hi Balaji,

Yes it worked. Actually yesterday we found out this and removed the 'unicode' value from the Extended column against all the fields and then the job ran successfully. You got it right.

Thanks.
With regards,
Thiru