change capture

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

knowledge
Participant

change capture

Post by knowledge »

Hi ,

I want to find out the records which got deleted from source but still in the target , set the delete flag yes for those records.

I used change capture stage so I am getting the deleted records but all fields are null as I am getting data from source which is my after data set , there I dont have any value for those field since those are deleted from the source , so the o/p gives me just the count of deleted records but no useful data ,

pl suggest ,

Is there any other way we can do this ,

thanks ,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You MUST have access to the before Data Set - it's physically impossible to determine which rows have been deleted by inspecting the after Data Set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ameyvaidya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ameyvaidya »

A variation of something I'd suggested <a href="viewtopic.php?t=96347">before</a>:

Code: Select all

After--------
                |
                |
                ---->CDC--------
                |      (Delete) |
Before-----> Copy------------->Join---
with the same disclaimer:
It sucks and destroys all performance.

Also another :idea: (either that or I am daydreaming):
I have not tested this but can't the inputs be flipped around (before becomes after and after becomes before) and the change capture stage stage be set to check for Inserts :?:
Amey Vaidya<i>
I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand.</i>
<i>- Douglas Adams</i>