Restartabilty issue due to invocations with diff parameters

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adarsh shrinagesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Restartabilty issue due to invocations with diff parameters

Post by adarsh shrinagesh »

Hi

We are using the restartability feature in our sequences
However since we fetching the parameters a control table to pass on to subsequent sequence - the values between an abort and rerun dont necessarily match, as a result of which the following warning message crops up

JobControl (@Coordinator): The current job run does not have the same parameters as its checkpoint record.
The checkpointed parameter values were:
LoadId=1 [current run=2]

and causes the sequence to abort.

Ex

Sequence main <checkpointed>

-routine activity<not checkpointed>
-user variable
-Sequence1<checkpointed>
-Sequence2<checkpointed>
-routine activity<not checkpointed>

Can we supress this warning using a message handler/Is there any other method to handle this?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The message handler only works on parallel jobs, not sequence jobs. I'm surprised it aborts your job, I thought it was a non fatal warning message. You could redesign your load id logic so it is retrieved from within the sequence via a Set Variables stage. For example storing it in a configuration text file and retrieving and incrementing it each time it runs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A restarted job sequence MUST use all the same parameter values as the prior incomplete run. This is the only way that you can prevent this warning and abort from occurring.

(Well, there's one other way, and that's to recompile so that all the checkpoints are lost and to run the entire sequence again.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
adarsh shrinagesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by adarsh shrinagesh »

Geez thanks - I modified the logic to use the parameter values of the last run and it worked fine.