How to capture reject rows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cherry
Participant

How to capture reject rows

Post by cherry »

Hai All,

I have three sources and i need to compare these three sources and load in to my target.
My job design is for the first two sources i have used one joiner and compared it.for the last source i have used another joiner and put them in to a transformer, from transformer i have taken it to target which is my sequential file.My source is Terradata.
i have to use the condition PURE INNER JOIN and take the records out.every thing is fine and i got the result according to the condition.
out of 3lac records i have got 2lac records in the target, according to my condition.
Now i need to capture the rejected records.How can i achieve this.

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Regards
Cherry
salil
Participant

Re: How to capture reject rows

Post by salil »

Is it feasible to use a Merge stage instead of join so that you'll have reject links corresponding to each update dataset you use?
A printer consists of 3 main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.
cherry
Participant

Post by cherry »

Thanks Salil, the same i have done and achieved it.
I think we can also achieve by lookup.

Regards
Cherry
ameyvaidya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ameyvaidya »

2 points here:

there are performance implications of using a lookup(very detailed posts present in Dsxchange on that) that way.

Also If I remember correctly, a Join will take more than 2 inputs.
Amey Vaidya<i>
I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand.</i>
<i>- Douglas Adams</i>