Parallel Routine for Before/After Job Processing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhusv
Participant

Parallel Routine for Before/After Job Processing

Post by Madhusv »

We require some processing after a job has executed. Currently we are using server routines (BASIC) for this purpose. Is it possible to use parallel routines as Before/After Job routines:?:

We went through the documentation, and tried parallel routines in transformer, both as function and as "Before/After Stage" routine with the help of samples. We would like to use the same for "Before/After Job" processing.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The "Before/After" subroutines for both server and PX jobs are the same, they are coded in the basic language. If you wish to use another programming language for these routines can can do that, but they still need to be called through a piece of BASIC code.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You can also run your existing BASIC routines from sequence jobs. This can be more convenient then putting it in after-job as you get triggers for controlling when it gets run. I've got to admit I don't think I've ever chosen to use a before-job or after-job routine, I've always opted for doing it at the sequence job level.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't know what you've missed!!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.