Using Java EJB beans in PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsedi
Participant

Using Java EJB beans in PX

Post by dsedi »

Hi All,

We are trying to use some Java EJB programs in our PX.
Any of us have any Idea about the plugins which I need to use to do this or any other specific IDea's? In my RTI Palette I have only MQ plugin and XML plugin nothing else.,

Thanks in advance.
Edi
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You do have DataStage SOA Edition don't you? My understanding is you have an XML Input and/or XML Output to your job and SOA Edition magically turns it into an EJB.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorta. :wink:

That is one of the bindings you can use when you deploy an SOA enabled job, but you have to have purchased that particular binding option.

However, that just means that your job is now an EJB Web Service. If you want to call Java "stuff" from inside DataStage jobs, you have to buy the... wait for it... JAVA PACK! :shock:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Oh, and everyone gets an "RTI Pallete", it's where the XML stages all live. Doesn't mean you have SOA.
-craig

dsedi
Participant

Re: Using Java EJB beans in PX

Post by dsedi »

dsedi wrote:Hi All,

We are trying to use some Java EJB programs in our PX.
Any of us have any Idea about the plugins which I need to use to do this or any other specific IDea's? In my RTI Palette I have only MQ plugin and XML plugin nothing else.,

Thanks in advance.
Edi
Thanks for ur replies.Let me explain you my requrirement.
There are complex calculation( formula based) which i'm thinking of moving it to EJB .So my ETL job will send the data to the EJBs to do the calculation and resend the results back to the ETL.So ..shd i be purchasing SOA or the JAVA PACK ?

Thanks,
Edi
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll definitely need the Java Pack as far as I know, the question remains if the Java Pack requires SOA or can run without it. I don't know.
-craig