Column Import On Limited Part Of A Record

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ganive
Participant

Column Import On Limited Part Of A Record

Post by ganive »

Hi All,

Here is the deal :
I'm using "Column Import" Stage to divide a record (fixed length=600) into columns.

Example :
Line(600) -> Key (=Line[1,10])
-> Interesting Data (=Line[11,30])

I only need 40 bytes on the whole original record.
The Result of the "Column Import" is OK, I have access to every data needed in output, my field are loaded well.

My problem concerns the job execution. When I lauch the job, the director indicates Warning such as :
Ci_Entete,0: Import consumed only 32bytes of the record's 600 bytes (no further warnings will be generated from this partition)

Ci_Detail_Devise_Cours,0: Import consumed only 151bytes of the record's 600 bytes (no further warnings will be generated from this partition)

Do you know a way to avoid these warnings ?
If not, does this mean that when using "column import" you have to find in output every bytes you have on input ??

ThankS
--------
GaNoU
--------
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Just define a third column that contains the rest of the data in your fixed-length data and don't use the column. PX needs to know what it should do with the extraneous data and this is one way of handling that.
ganive
Participant

Post by ganive »

OK, Thanks a lot !!
I'm going to use filler in order to solve the problem.
Not so much fun when you have to select "unfollowing" data in a record (you have to define a filler between each data), but if it's the only way to work.
ArndW wrote:Just define a third column that contains the rest of the data in your fixed-length data and don't use the column. PX needs to know what it should do with the extraneous data and this is one way of handling that.
--------
GaNoU
--------