Installing DataStage 7.5 on Redhat Linux 4.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

csrazdan
Participant

Installing DataStage 7.5 on Redhat Linux 4.0

Post by csrazdan »

Hi,
We are planning to move our DataStage 7.5 installation from Redhat Linux 3.0 to Redhat Linux 4.0. Considering the fact that Redhat 4.0 is 64 bit and DataStage 7.5 is 32 bit, is somebody aware of problems faced during this installation. Also is DataStage 7.5 certified and supported by Ascential on Redhat Linux 4.0.

Any inputs would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance....
Shekhar
Assume everything I say or do is positive
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
You can visit the official site for product availability.

If you can't find what you want there you better call yor software provider for details on platform availability.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

Hi All,

I'm looking to do the same (upgrade from RHEL AS3,update5 to RHEL AS4, update 4). I've heard from the RedHat reps that there are significant performance improvements with this upgrade, given that the Linux kernel is updated, etc.

The official word from IBM is that support for AS4 will come in the 8.0 DS release later this quarter, but no plans to certify 7.x on RHEL AS4.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard any different, and/or if anyone has any sustained luck with running 7.5.1A or 7.5.2 on RHEL AS4. And if so, are there any noticeable performance increases?

Thanks,
Rob
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

DataStage 7.5 or 7.5.1A is not supported on Redhat AS 4.0.

We are aslo installing DS 7.5.1A on Linux AS 4.0, but I haven't had a chance to run jobs to see whether the performance improves with the AS 4.0. However, I was told by the system architect that AS 4.0 has much better memory managements than AS 3.0.