Unable to Run Job on New PX Installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to Run Job on New PX Installation

Post by tombastian »

Hi All,
I facing a problem with my new installation of PX. PX is installed on Linux system with a single processor. I have developed a sample job in the new installation but while running, the job aborts. Going through the error, I could find that there is a configuration related issue with my installation. This could be a problem with Orchestrate Configuration but I not sure about this. Will any give some idea on this.

I'm pasting here the Configuration File and the errors.

Any Positive suggestions on this will be of great help.

Thanks in Advance,
Tom.

Configuration File:

/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt

{node "node 0"{fastname "localhost.localdomain"pools ""resource disk "/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Datasets" {pools ""}resource scratchdisk "/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Scratch" {pools ""
}
}

Errors from DS Director:

main_program: orchgeneral: loadedorchsort: loadedorchstats: loaded

main_program: Internal Error: (argc == 14): processmgr/newcontact.C: 1040

main_program: Accept timed out retries = 4

main_program: The section leader on localhost.localdomain died

main_program: **** Parallel startup failed ****This is usually due to a configuration error, such asnot having the Orchestrate install directory properlymounted on all nodes, rsh permissions not correctlyset (via /etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts), or running froma directory that is not mounted on all nodes. Look forerror messages in the preceding output.

main_program: Step started on node localhost.localdomain; it uses 1 nodes.The program running the step is /home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin/osh.

main_program: Step started on node localhost.localdomain; it uses 1 nodes.The program running the step is /home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin/osh.

main_program: A startup script is not being used.