Truncate and load does not work

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

salil
Participant

Truncate and load does not work

Post by salil »

I've a job with a source(text file),transformer and an oracle stage.The transformer does check only for nulls and trims data and pass to oracle stage.In oracle stage the load type is truncate and load.
The job was working fine for long time.But now when I tried to compile it its throwing an error saying-'Error:property table for 'oracle stage' is required but empty.'But actually table name and other req. info are supplied appropriately and job used to execute fine.Now if I put the load type as upsert the same job compiles and runs fine.
What could be the trouble with truncate and load?Pls help... :?
A printer consists of 3 main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Salil,

The error message you are getting means that you haven't filled in all the attributes required in the Oracle stage. If you open up the Oracle stage on your designer canvas one of the values will be empty (and red). If you changed the load type between one that works and one that doesn't you should see a difference in columns and properties listed. I can't think of the differences offhand right now as I don't have DS running.
salil
Participant

Post by salil »

ArndW,
The job was running fine in truncate and load manner with the same set of properties.There's nothing left out in Oracle stage properties.
I hope this error has something to do with sql loader,which am not very specific about.because the same thing works fine in insert-update mode.

regards,
Salil
A printer consists of 3 main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Salil,
There's nothing left out in Oracle stage properties.
Well, I have to disagree with you.

If I write a PX job and create an output Oracle enterprise stage and enter all the properties except the table name I get (surprise) the same error message that you do at compile time. Is this a coincidence?
salil
Participant

Post by salil »

Thanks for your responses,
The cause was related to O.S. A new service pack (pack 2)has been applied to client O.s(Windows XP professional v2002),for which the DS client version is not tuned to.I backtracked into the recent changes on the system and spotted the service pack as a possible culprit.I tried removing the pack and the job now runs fine with the same truncate and load option.

Thx for all..

regards
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

HI,

Just to inform that i tried using truncate command using parameters.
It did not work. I believe DDL commands do not work with parameters
in datastage

Regards
Sreenivasulu