ebcdic and sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

przytula
Participant

ebcdic and sequential file

Post by przytula »

a simple question would be : is it possible for a sequential file stage to specify for nls = ebcdic.
when doing this : the message is displayed : nls map 'ebcdic' is not currently loaded, are you ...
is this only possible when using cff ?
when doing this with nls=ebcdic and defining layout - pressing view data, I get the message :
Error calling subroutine: DSD.Browse (Action=3); check DataStage is set up correctly in project xxxx
Is something missing here ?
Thanks for all help
Best Regards, Guy Przytula
Best Regards, Guy Przytula
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think that you are attempting to set an NLS map that doesn't exist. You specify the EBCDIC conversion in either the string type defaults or in the column definitions and this attribute is completely independant of any NLS settings.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is an EBCDIC map (more than one, in fact, for Japanese). The problem is that you have not loaded this map. You build and load NLS maps using the Administrator client.

I usually advise re-starting DataStage after loading additional maps or locale definitions, so as to be sure that they get loaded into the NLS shared memory segment.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.