Windows Environment Variable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Windows Environment Variable

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

We have installed Ascential s/w 7.5.1.A in windows NT and after that when i run a sample job it is showing the follwoing error:
From previous run
DataStage Job 1 Phantom 244
Program "DSD.OshInit": Line 92, Variable "SYS.LIB" previously undefined. Empty string used.
Program "DSD.SetEnv": Line 52, Variable "EnvVar" previously undefined. Empty string used.
Program "DSD.SetEnv": Line 95, Variable "EnvVar" previously undefined. Empty string used.
Need an '=' in "=C:\\Ascential\\DataStage\\Projects\\Trng_Chennai\\RT_BP1.O;C:\\Ascential\\DataStage\\DSCAPIOp;C:\\Ascential\\DataStage\\RTIOperators;C:\\Ascential\\DataStage\\DSParallel;C:\\Ascential\\DataStage\\PXEngine/user_lib;C:\\Ascential\\DataStage\\PXEngine/lib;C:\\Ascential\\DataStage\\Projects\\Trng_Chennai\\buildop;%%" to set environment variable.
Program "DSD.SetEnv": Line 52, Variable "EnvVar" previously undefined. Empty string used.
Program "DSD.SetEnv": Line 95, Variable "EnvVar" previously undefined. Empty string used.
Need an '=' in "=%%;;/lib" to set environment variable.
Job Aborted after Fatal Error logged.
Program "DSD.WriteLog": Line 250, Abort.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage Row_Generator.

DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3
I find that the above error comes only when environment variables are not defined properly, can you tell me in Windows where can i find the environment variables file. So that i can change it.

Please correct me if am wrong anywhere.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Please post in the apropriate forum.
Your job type is Server not EE/PX.
Behaviour of Environment variables was covered extensively in the past and might also have a FAQ post on it in the FAQ forum please search for this info.
Thanks in advance :),
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi Roy,

But i am running a Parallel job only not a server job. That is why i have selected Job Type as Parallel.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Well Maybe it is my mistake for not reading the fine print of the error message... But Version 7.5.1A is not EE on windows! (which is what poped way before anything else)
So you mind clearing this up please?

As for environment variables you might want to look at this FAQ post.
Roy R.

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the FAQ link, it is regarding how i can add environemnt varaible and how i can use it in job level. That was informative for me.

What my query here is, we find the invironment variables defined in DSParams file in the Project directory. But in that file i am not able to find for which environment variable should I specify SYS.LIB, which is called in the program DSD.OshInit, similary for DSD.SetEnv.

This is what i can understand from the error specified in the error log (Quoted in my first query).

It would be nice if you can clarify this for me.

Regarding your point

But Version 7.5.1A is not EE on windows! (which is what poped way before anything else)
So you mind clearing this up please?

We have been given DS version 7.5.1.A and told to create jobs on it and in that i did not see server job pallet only Parallel job was there so developed Parallel job and ran it. And when i got the error i put forward the query on DSX. So that i get more clarity on the same and learn more on this version.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

If the version is not EE on your platform the best you can do is plan the job nothing more.
This means that you can't compile or run it on windows!
So by giving the wondows OS as your platform the job should not compile/run on windows if it's a parallel job.

(moving it back to EE Forum)
Roy R.