Job aborts in PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SREEPRABHA
Participant

Job aborts in PX

Post by SREEPRABHA »

Hi all;

I have installed DATASTAGE PX on linux server. When I created a simple job in it I got the following errors and finally the job got aborted .

1.main_program: APT configuration file: /home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt
{
node "node1"
{
fastname "localhost.localdomain"
pools ""
resource disk "/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Datasets" {pools ""}
resource scratchdisk "/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Scratch" {pools ""}
}
}

2.Transformer_19: Failed to load the library "V0S19_samp_Transformer_19.so". Either the directory containing the library file is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system that is incompatible with this system. Could not load "V0S19_samp_Transformer_19": /home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/sales/RT_BP1.O/V0S19_samp_Transformer_19.so: undefined symbol: _ZN12APT_Operator11checkConfigEv.

I request you to help me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards;
Sreeprabha
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Sreeprabha,

you really need to read the installation guide AND follow the instructions in it. Your APT configuration file needs to be modified (you are using the default unchanged file according to the error message) and you need to set your environment variables per the installation guide so that the PATH (and other env values) are correct.

DataStage PX is unlike most windows programs that can be installed and will immediately run. Have you tried to run the orchadmin program to check your installation and configuration for PX?
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Sreeprabha,
Please update your original post to include DS version, platform and job type.

Thanks in advance,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

I assume that you have the correct supported compiler installed and that you have re-compiled the job before attempting to run it?