Need to delete job categories

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ananda
Participant

Need to delete job categories

Post by Ananda »

Hi,

I am deleting few DataStage jobs, but for some reason only the jobs are getting deleted except for the job categories.
Is it possible that the job categories get locked.

Let me know if there is any pointer to unlock and delete the job categories.

Thanks and regards
Anand
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Job categories must be deleted explicitly and separately. If you delete a category, however, all the sub-categories and jobs within it get deleted (after an "are you sure?" dialog). You may need to refresh the view to see the results - the clients do not always automatically refresh. Find Refresh on the View menu.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
apraman
Participant

Refresh the view

Post by apraman »

Ananda,

I totally agree with Ray, But i need to add some more, whenever you copy, move, import or delete through the DS Designer you should refresh the view after each activities explicitly, as a better practice.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Use the tool, Luke

Post by chulett »

Which is why - IMHO - that one should do things using the 'proper' tool. In spite of the fact that you can do these things from inside Designer nowadays, I espouse use of the Manager for the operations noted above and the Director for the actual running of jobs.

Of course, that could just be the 'old school' response from 'back in the day' when you had no other choice. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers