Oracle Eroor

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srekant
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Eroor

Post by srekant »

HI,

We had a new installation of DS 7.5 EE on Solaris 9.Everything is working fine.But when i am working on a job which contain oracle stage the following error is displayed

Code: Select all

main_program: Error loading "orchoracle": Could not find "orchoracle" on the library search path defined by the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH; path: /apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/PSI/RT_BP510.O:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/PSI/buildop:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSCAPIOp:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/RTIOperators:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSParallel:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/user_lib:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/sparc/client:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/sparc:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls::/oracle/OraHome/ora9i_client/lib:/usr/lib:/lib:/apps/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine.7501.1/lib
Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
Sree
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The error tells you exactly what's wrong and even drops some pretty broad hints on how to fix it. :?

Check your installation docs. There will be instructions on configuring DataStage to use Oracle which involve, amongst other things, making sure your $ORACLE_HOME libraries are in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. For the Server edition it's all about setting up the dsenv file but there's probably more to it than that for PX.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well, I believe you either entered the wrong Oracle Home at install or the DBA chose to relocate. Either way you need to reset Oracle Home which is actually placed into the binaries or changing dsenv by itself is not sufficient.

So the steps are:

1. Change the Oracle Home in the dsenv to what it needs to be.

2. There is a script and I believe its in the DatStage install path in the PXEngine | install directory.....look for something like OrchOracle****....can't remember exactly.

3. Then stop and restart the DataStage Engine.

Now your allset
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Srekant,
The script's name is intall.liborchoracle. You will see a message saying "Oracle installation is complete" if you re-execute the script successfully. Good luck.