About Date fields in Transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BCAPP
Participant

About Date fields in Transformer

Post by BCAPP »

Hi,

I am facing a problem while mapping two date fields in the Transformer.
The Date fields LEAD_START_DATE and LEAD_EXPIRY_DATE have been defined as DATE 10. In the Transformer I'm moving these fields into two other date fields which are defined as DATE10.
But while compiling the job i get the below error.

##E TCOS 000003 02:49:57(000) <main_program> Syntax error: Error in "transform" operator: Error in operator arg: In field "LEAD_START_DATE": The schema type "date" does not take parameters "10,0"
In field "LEAD_EXPIRY_DATE": The schema type "date" does not take parameters "10,0"

##E TCOS 000029 02:49:57(001) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED. (djpCLWXFMLeadsBuildProcessV3.tfbUpdateFiles)

Please let me know what can be done about the same.

Thanks,
Bhavna.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't fill in the precision or scale column when the SQL data type is Date.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BCAPP
Participant

Post by BCAPP »

Hi,

I removed the precision column and defined the fields as just DATE in the SQL type.But while compiling I got the below error.

##E TCOS 000003 04:22:57(001) <main_program> Syntax error: Error in "transform" operator: Error in operator arg: In field "LEAD_START_DATE": The schema type "date" does not take parameters "0,0"
In field "LEAD_EXPIRY_DATE": The schema type "date" does not take parameters "0,0"

##E TCOS 000029 04:22:57(002) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED. (djpCLWXFMLeadsBuildProcessV3.tfbUpdateFiles)

Any Solutions.

Thanks,
Bhavna
cmmurari
Participant

Post by cmmurari »

Hi

In transformer stage have you mapped correctly to date type field ?? Pls check, by right it should not give error. Should compile successfully.

pls try datetime data type in source and target and let me know.

Cheers,
Krish
Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nripendra Chand »

I tried it using a tranformer. it worked fine without any error.

Regards,
nripendra
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Bhavna, it sounds like your attempt at removal has been interpreted as "replace with 0". Try re-loading the metadata from your Repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deployDS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deployDS »

I encountered the same problem today and followed Ray's advice. It worked! Thanks Ray!