About modify stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

About modify stage

Post by Nripendra Chand »

Hi,

I'm trying to use the modify stage for reformatting one col. I gave following derivation as the specification in the modify stage:
CRSLT_LEAD_REC=left(LnkForLkup1.CRSLT_LEAD_REC,4):"-":right(LnkForLkup1.CRSLT_LEAD_REC,2)

it is compiling successfully, but during run it's giving following error:

main_program: Error parsing modify adapter: Error in binding: Unknown conversion: left; input:
CRSLT_LEAD_REC=left(LnkForLkup1.CRSLT_LEAD_REC,4):"-":right(LnkForLkup1.CRSLT_LEAD_REC,2)

Please give your inputs if someone has any clue..

Regards,
Nripendra
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Nripendra Chand,

The Modify stage uses orchestrate functions. It will not accept string functions used in the transformer. Pls make sure what functions are available in the orchestrate manual for these kind of operations.

Moreover, you cannot apply two functions in the derivation.

HTH
--Rich
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Beware, too, that there are some errors in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide - some functions are described there that do not actually exist for the Modify stage. The preferred reference at the moment is the Orchestrate Operators Guide.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

ray.wurlod wrote:Beware, too, that there are some errors in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide - some functions are described there that do not actually exist for the Modify stage. The preferred reference at the moment is the Orchestrate Operators Guide.
Hi,
Where can i find Orchestrate Operators Guide :?: :roll:

regards
kumar
Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nripendra Chand »

I also counldn't find "Orchestrate Operators Guide ". Please tell where can i find it. :?:

Regards,
Nripendra
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's downloadable from ADN - you can find a link to the Orchestrate manuals by searching here at DSX.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
apraman
Participant

Post by apraman »

:roll: Oh Lord, Getting registered in ADN is one of most difficult task.
Is there any other source to get "Orchestrate Operators Guide " ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You get the Orchestrate manuals when you attend a DS314PX class (DataStage Essentials - Enterprise Edition).
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
sorrry a DSX search in ADN leads me to forum, i could not find it.
Can you post exact link pls.........

BTW what else been provided in training class :wink: ....

regards
kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Had you searched here, as advised, you would have found this URL
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi ray,
I could find now, thats beautiful!!!
I dont know why i couldnt find it in previous search.

regards
kumar
srikanthd1978
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: About modify stage

Post by srikanthd1978 »

Nripendra Chand wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to use the modify stage for reformatting one col. I gave following derivation as the specification in the modify stage:

it is compiling successfully, but during run it's giving following error:

main_program: Error parsing modify adapter: Error in binding: Unknown conversion: left; input:

Please give your inputs if someone has any clue..

Regards,
Nripendra

I see that u r trying to Concatenate two substring values..u can do the substring functionality in the mdfy operator but the concatenation with the "-" char needs to be done using a xfm....and if u had decided to go for a xfm..u might as well do the substring and the concat there..and remove the overhead of mdfy op..this is one way to look at this..maybe there r better ways...