Union

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arindami
Participant

Union

Post by arindami »

Hi

I want to do a union of two tables in DataStage, without using User-defined SQL statement.
What is the alternative?

Thnaks
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

The Funnel Stage - takes 2 or more inputs of identical layouts and outputs one stream of data. There is also a SortFunnel that works the same way but sorts the data as it passes through.

Brad.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Funnel stage is really UNION ALL. If you want just UNION, follow the Funnel stage with a Remove Duplicates stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

ray.wurlod wrote:The Funnel stage is really UNION ALL. If you want just UNION, follow the Funnel stage with a Remove Duplicates stage.
Good point. I had forgotten that. I also forgot that SortFunnel was part of Torrent Orchestrate, not DataStage. If you want to sort the output of the funnel, choose the 'Sort Funnel' funnel type option within the Funnel Stage. Then your data is ready to be dedup-ed with the RemoveDups stage.

brad.