cannot connect to database - other than project default

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

cannot connect to database - other than project default

Post by kumar_s »

Hi DSXians,

I could not connect to any database other than the default database specified in the porject level Environmental variable.
Is there any way we can mention more than one database in a single variable (i tried giving two values using ,:/ seperated, but no use)
If the fact that variable cannot store two values holds good for Environmental variable as well, then can we define two variable.....

Or what might be the root cause???

regards
kumar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kumar,

that is a rather vague error description. Which database type are you trying to connect to, and how? What is the error message that you are getting when you fail to connect to the database? Where are you connecting from (i.e. Designer, Manager)?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Its DB2
i get the following error.

Code: Select all

"Cannot get schema defenition for requested database table:database.tablename(DB2)"
I guess the error message should be same irrespective of designer or manager....

regards
kumar
maheshsada
Participant

Stop ds engine

Post by maheshsada »

i have experienced this type of error on ds 5.2 server version using oracle database. the solution done was stopping the ds engine and starting the dsengine again, the problem got solved, may be you can ask some expert to stop the dsengine and start after 10 to 15 min

magesh S
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi mahesh,
Thanks for your reply.
I use to stop and start DSEngine twice a week.
Suspecting some other underlying issue.....

regards
regards