Adding APT_DUMP_SCORE in shell script

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arati
Participant

Adding APT_DUMP_SCORE in shell script

Post by arati »

Hi

We are creating shell scripts for running our DS parallel job.For all scripts we are maintaining common parameter file for all job parameters and environment variables. In some of the jobs we used $APT_DUMP_SCORE environment variable. We used the hard coded value of the parameter in script as 'APT_DUMP_SCORE=True' then it's working. But we can't able to add this variable to common parameter file. Rather we don't know how to add environment variable to common parameter file.Plz help us.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi And Welcome Aboard :),
Can you be more specific?
Usually when running a job you supply parameters for it, when this job runs other jobs you must supply the parameters of this job to the other jobs so they will inherit the values from the invoking DS job.
Si if you used dsjob command line utility you need the -param <param_name>=<param_value> syntax.
(If my memory serves me, worst case I'll verify and update the post or our respectible members may correct me with a reply to this post)

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Job parameters that are environment variables should have their values set not from a parameters file but by having the environment variable value set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.