main_program: No collation sequence found for en_US, using d

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

main_program: No collation sequence found for en_US, using d

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hi,
I am able to runt he job but I am getting two warnings, I am not sure what can be done .

1) main_program: No collation sequence found for en_US, using default locale root

2) main_program: Warning: the value of the PWD environment variable (/opt/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine) does not appear to be a synonym for the current working directory (/opt/etl/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/BR_DEVL). The current working directory will be used, but if your ORCHESTRATE job does not start up correctly, you should set your PWD environment variable to a value that will work on all nodes of your system.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks,
mabramson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: main_program: No collation sequence found for en_US, usi

Post by mabramson »

Hello My ETL Friend,

This looks like a Unix permission error. The job may run, however, it may not be able to write to the Unix server. You may want to verify the permissions of the person who created the job and the one running the jobs.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
The first issue is due to NLS problem, it might be due to bad installaion or due to improper permission granted to certain folder.
I guess you may not get that warning when you logon as dsadm.

regards
kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Also try setting PWD=.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

the PWD error may well be because you are starting the DataStage engine from a ksh. ALso what locale settings have you used in the DSENV file?