how can i improve performance in Aggregator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chanthou_2000
Participant

how can i improve performance in Aggregator

Post by chanthou_2000 »

hello,

i'm looking for some ways to improve performance of Aggregator Stage.
But i didn't find any options to say to DS that my source is already sorted (i use an order by sql clause) like in DS 5.0 Server where there was such options (i used to use it !)

Thank you

Chanthou
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Chanthou,

There is an option in the sort stage- sort mode, where you can sprecify : "Don't Sort (Previously Sorted)".

Hopefully this will take care of your issue.

Regards,
The Bird.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The options for specifying sorted input are in the Columns grid in server job Aggregator stages.

In parallel stages, sorting of input is managed as a property of the input link; I don't have access to PX at the moment to give you specifics, but it's certainly possible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
s1kaasam
Participant

Post by s1kaasam »

In the aggregator stage there is in the option section wherein you could select the method to be sort instead of hash.

Now before you run into this aggregator use a sort stage and sort it on the the grouping keys of the aggregator.

The partitioning into the sort stage hash it on the grouping keys and into the aggregator keep it auto.

try this and I am sure you would have better performance gain.

Any questions let me know.
shravan
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is it really must to do a sort using a sort stage before an aggregator everytime, bcoz when i tried with an un presorted data it worked same.
In the other case, why cant we maintain the partition as "Same" in Aggregator followed by sort stage.