No color change in link

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

No color change in link

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
I dont know what change we made(by mistake :roll: ), the color is not changing for the link while run. Iam just lookin out in Tools-->Option--->Graphical performance monitor, the refresh rate is 5Sec. And in administrator properties i dont find any relevent information. Do we have the option to check this anywhere.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It's on the Diagram menu - Show performance statistics.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

vmcburney wrote:It's on the Diagram menu - Show performance statistics.
This option is also checked but it does not work. I think this option is only for the display of Number of rows passing through the link. Unfortunately even this option dosent work.
Lali_swam
Participant

Re: No color change in link

Post by Lali_swam »

Hi,
I faced this exact same problem...Your job would have executed correctly. The target tables would be populated but still you cannot see the link change color nor get the performance stats.
For this, I learnt from the forum that JobMonApp should be running. Make sure your JobMonApp is running. else you can start it by ./jobmoninit..
See the post in this forum for exact syntax etc.
Hope this helps.
Lalitha
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Thanx lalitha,
Your suggestion worked out. :D .
Do you have any idea why it got stoped :?:
Lali_swam
Participant

Post by Lali_swam »

If you did ever stop the server for something and then restarted the server using these commands

$DSHOME/bin/uv -admin -stop
and
$DSHOME/bin/uv -admin -start

Then the JobMonApp also gets stopped by the "stop" command but does not get restarted with the "start " command...no explanation for that though.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do you have any idea, what else should be taken care while we restarting the server.
Is there any other services should be started manually....
vijayrc
Participant

Re: No color change in link

Post by vijayrc »

Lali_swam wrote:Hi,
I faced this exact same problem...Your job would have executed correctly. The target tables would be populated but still you cannot see the link change color nor get the performance stats.
For this, I learnt from the forum that JobMonApp should be running. Make sure your JobMonApp is running. else you can start it by ./jobmoninit..
See the post in this forum for exact syntax etc.
Hope this helps.
Lalitha
I have this same issue where in the performance statistics always returns 0rows/0secs and dont turn green on completion of job, though the job completes successfully returning rows...It happnes only in my project and in other's projects' it shows up...Is there a solution to get this performance statistics to appear truly [though it is SET ON] :roll: :roll: :roll:
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
I have a DataStage EE 7.5.1A installed on a Linux box. Whenever I issue the $DSHOME/bin/uv -admin -start command, I alway get two system messages. One is for the JobMobApp (has been brought up) and the other is for DataStage server (has been started). But I still get no color.

My problem is only running Parallel jobs don't get any color. So strange!?
I still couldn't figure out where and what should be modified for the Linux platform. However, I also have DataStage EE 7.5x2 on the Windows platform, I was having the same kind of problem, then I just reinstall the whole thing and the problem went away.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Make sure the setting in adminstrator is turned on.
Parallel ---> Reporting ---> APT_NO_JOBMON --> FALSE
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not all stage types in parallel jobs support maintenance of performance statistics in Designer. This is particularly true of some of the debugging stages.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijayrc
Participant

Post by vijayrc »

kumar_s wrote:Make sure the setting in adminstrator is turned on.
Figured it out after I posted...Works like a charm...Thanks anyways
kris
Participant

Post by kris »

vijayrc wrote:
kumar_s wrote:Make sure the setting in adminstrator is turned on.
Figured it out after I posted...Works like a charm...Thanks anyways
I had this problem in our environment.

I have APT_NO_JOBMON set to false and started JobMonApp, now it is up and running.
But perforamnce statistics are not shown in my environment when I run PX jobs. Server jobs show fine. OS is solaris.

Appreciate If someone give the resolution who had the same issue.
Would there be any patch for this?

Thanks in advance.
~Kris
kris
Participant

Post by kris »

Sorry guys!

I made changes in the wrong place.
After I had JobMonApp started, works fine.

Thanks though.
~Kris