Error due to different Level Number in transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Error due to different Level Number in transformer

Post by kumar_s »

This is related to my previous post under the topic of "Promote Subrecord"
Input records are in different level numbers. when i pass it to transformer it shows me the same error.

Code: Select all

##E TFAV 000000 02:19:11(001) <transform> When processing argument -inputschemaWhen processing schema: schema contains a field "CISSFTS_HEADER" that is a subrec or tagged; only top-level fields are accepted....
"CISSFTS_HEADER" is top level nuber record.
the structure would be

level no     col name
10             CISSFTS_HEADER
05              xxxxx
05              yyyyy
10              zzzzzz
initially i deleted the CISSFTS_HEADER and changed the both 05 level records to level 10 and worked. But now the col CISSFTS_HEADER is required. it is tagged. CISSFTS_HEADER has the values of xxxxxx + yyyyyy contcatinated together. i.e., if i veiw data in the input stage the value of CISSFTS_HEADER alone comes with the value of (xxxxxx yyyyyy) .
Any inputs to this...
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Kumar,

From my experience with mainframe files. I believe the level number of the header record should always be less than the detail records it contains.

level no     col name 
10             CISSFTS_HEADER 
05              xxxxx 
05              yyyyy 
10              zzzzzz
I think the level numbers are messed up in your above file. The corrected level numbers of the your file are shown below.

level no     col name 
05            CISSFTS_HEADER 
10            xxxxx 
10            yyyyy 
10            zzzzzz
This might take care of your problem. Let me know how it works out.

Thanks,
Naveen
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

HI naveen,
sorry for delay, sorry for the order i gave as well. it is in the way you specified.

level no     col name 
05            CISSFTS_HEADER 
10            xxxxx 
10            yyyyy 
10            zzzzzz 
As u r experience, let me know how u pass the field to transformer,is it only the header or along with the trailer or only the trailer fields.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Kumar,

How are you reading this mainframe file into datastage?. I assume you are using an CFF stage. While intially reading the file into datastage, you need to read all the information ( Header + Detail). In the subsequent stages, you can use a transformer to pass whatever information you need in the job ( Header or Detail or Both), It depends on your job requirement.

Thanks,
Naveen
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

hi naveen,
If the data comes in EBCDIC format then we use CFF stage for code conversion, else sequential stage works fine. Irrespective of stages transformer produces error.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Kumar,

What is the exact error you are getting now ?. What do you expect the value of the header CISSFTS_HEADER to be ?

Thanks,
Naveen
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

hi,
It was with the same error, the top level column suppose to contain the data clubbed with both sub level columns.