orchoracle not found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lali_swam
Participant

orchoracle not found

Post by Lali_swam »

Hi,
Server OS - Linux
Initially got the error "orchoracle" not found in the default path i.e. LD_LIBRARY_PATH. After reading posts on similar thread, I added the path home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib to dsenv. Then I found that there was no orchoracle.so but there were
orchoracle9i.so ->liborchoracle9ii686.so
orchoracle10g.so->liborchoracle10gi.so

Therefore, I made another link
$cd Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib
$ln -s liborchoracle9ii686.so orchoracle.so

and deleted the orchoracle9i.so
but now I get a different error main_program:
Error loading "orchoracle": Could not load "orchoracle": libclntsh.so.9.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers

Can anybody help me.
Thanks,
Lalitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have "x" permission on the libraries?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

First you should have given DataStage the location of your Oracle clients during the install.
Then you need to add $ORACLE_HOME/bin to you PATH
and $ORACLE_HOME/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
(first add oracle lib32 if you have one).

then try again.
Lali_swam
Participant

Post by Lali_swam »

Ray and Eric,
Thanks for your suggestions.

The problem was that the oracle path was missed in the dsenv. I added that to dsenv and got rid of the orchoracle error, but I have a new error

Location_table: connect failed for env: cats, user: train1, password: *****
Oracle error: -12705
ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

where Location_table is the name of the Oracle Stage and cats is the server name and train1 is the user name...These were working fine till we upgraded the OS. After upgardation, we re-installed the DS and I am having many stumble blocks. Help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Lalitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Again it's an Oracle error not a DataStage error, though probably another missing environment variable such as LANG or NLS_LANG. Make sure these are set in dsenv file.
At the operating system prompt on the server execute the command oerr ORA 12705 - it might reveal additional information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

ray is right, if you install DataStage with NLS you alos need to add the environment variable NLS_LANG.
This should be set to the language settings of the Oracle Database in the form:
"NLS_LANGUAGE_NLS_TERRITORY.NLS_CHARACTERSET"
Lali_swam
Participant

Post by Lali_swam »

Thanks Again Ray and Eric!!! :lol:
I have a doubt here, While installing the plug-ins, We did not install the NLS character set. But, I chose English as the language. Later on reading the document, found that if you choose English then you need to install NLS. So, I guess I have to install NLS.

The Oracle database has NLS_LANG=American_America.AL32UTF8.
After I install the NLS plugin, I have to add it to the dsenv and I think I will be fine from there...what say you gurus???:roll: Have to wait till trow as I dont know the root password.
Thanks,
Lalitha
Lalitha