Job aborts when buildop includes string library

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thompsonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job aborts when buildop includes string library

Post by thompsonp »

I have a very simple job that reads a character string and outputs it into separate fields. Whilst doing so it has to correct the input string for missing fiedlds based on the comma delimiters.

The job uses a buildop which has been written bit by bit.
It worked OK until we go round to using the String class. This was included using

#include <string>
using namespace std;

The buildop and job compile but when it runs we get the following message:
Error loading "GenericNullConvert": Could not load "GenericNullConvert": ld.so.1: /u01/app/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin/osh: fatal: relocation error: file /u01/app/datastage/Projects/View_Consolidation/buildop/GenericNullConvert.so: symbol __1cDstdMbasic_string4Ccn0ALchar_traits4Cc__n0AJallocator4Cc___Hreplace6MIIIc_r1_: referenced symbol not found

Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "GenericNullConvert"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers

As far as I can see the buildop is in the correct place but I'm not sure if the problem lies with accessing the String class.

Any idea where DataStage should be looking for this on a Solaris platform so that I can check it is included in the path?

Thanks
Paul
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

I guess you'll need to look for the include files in your compiler.
You could try running a find from /opt/SUNWspro?
cyh
Participant

Post by cyh »

I am also new to BuildOp.

I have located the output of BuildOp in the project directory ... under buildop

For every BuildOp defined, five members are created ...

testing.C
testing.h
testing.o
testing.opd
testing.opd.sh

You may find your code / logic in the ".C" file. Maybe you can get some hints from these files.

HTH !
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Would it be possible for you to post your buildop logic, or at least the portion you believe is failing?

May shed some light on the issue for the rest of us. Who knows.

Brad.