APT_PMPlayer::APT_PMPlayer: fork() failed, Not enough space

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amit Jaiswal
Premium Member
Premium Member

APT_PMPlayer::APT_PMPlayer: fork() failed, Not enough space

Post by Amit Jaiswal »

We are using DS-7.51 EE through Citrix client. We have sequential file as source and dataset file as target. Total columns are 238. First issue is when I used trim function for all columns it is giving me compilation error (##E TBLD 000000 23:43:11(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 256).
I have checked everything in the transformation stage. It is absolutely fine. When I removed 100 columns from top or bottom it is compiling successfully. But it is giving error "APT_PMPlayer::APT_PMPlayer: fork() failed, Not enough space". Is it a issue related to memory?
Secondly, I have changed my job and used only 17 columns from 238 column source. It is compiled without error but is giving me same not enough space error.
Also when I used all 238 columns throughout my job it took almost 45-60 mins to compile.
Can you please guide me what should I suggest to my system admin team as they are new to DS-EE?
Thanks in advance.
-Amit
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Hi Amit,

Had faced the same problem a few days back. This is a memory related issue. You are running out of memory !!!

Have you allocated enough space in the configuration file for your job??

Try running your job after removing certain stages!!! For example trying to remove certain sort stage, transformer stage...

You can give it a shot !! This is what was we did here. The number of nodes on which the job was run was also reduce. (Used a 2node config file instead of the usual 4 node.)

It worked for us !!!

Hope this helps.

Regards,
The Bird.