Pivot Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

varshanswamy
Participant

Pivot Stage

Post by varshanswamy »

Hi,

I have seen something strange in pivot stage.
The pivot stage does'nt work if it has any of the columns, either the key or the subsequent columns as decimal, but if converted to bigint it works.
Why is it so.

regards,
varsha
benny.lbs
Participant

Re: Pivot Stage

Post by benny.lbs »

I have encountered this case before, but still don't know the reason.

Concern !!!
varshanswamy wrote:Hi,

I have seen something strange in pivot stage.
The pivot stage does'nt work if it has any of the columns, either the key or the subsequent columns as decimal, but if converted to bigint it works.
Why is it so.

regards,
varsha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What does your support provider say?
Have you provided them with a reproducible test case?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
varshanswamy
Participant

Post by varshanswamy »

ray.wurlod wrote:What does your support provider say?
Have you provided them with a reproducible test case?
I dont understand the meaning of this, what is the meaning of reproducible test case
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you report what you think is a bug, your support provider will demand that you prove what you are saying. You usually do this by supplying job designs and, if needed, test data that reliably demonstrate what you are claiming. This is a "reproducible test case".
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So which part of "engineering has replicated" (it's a bug), "it will be fixed in a future release" and "will get back to you" is unclear?

Given that it's a known bug, are you really expecting someone here to be able to fix it? No-one here has DataStage source code.
benny.lbs
Participant

Post by benny.lbs »

:lol: I am not expecting someone here to fix the bug, just want to tell varsha I also encounter this bug.

ray.wurlod wrote:So which part of "engineering has replicated" (it's a bug), "it will be fixed in a future release" and "will get back to you" is unclear?

Given that it's a known bug, are you really expecting someone here to be able to fix it? No-one here has DataStage source code.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's cool. When your support provider tells you when you expect the fix, please share that knowledge with all of us here. 8)