Passing job parameter to routine in parallel jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ramabbm
Participant

Passing job parameter to routine in parallel jobs

Post by ramabbm »

Hi,

we are using basic transformer for calling basic routine and passing job parameter as argument to the routine. This multiple instance job and job is aborting when we are running with invocation Id. However when we are running the same job through director without any invocation id, it is running fine.

We did some basic tests and here are the results

1) Run the job through sequencer with invocation id. Status - Job Aborted with Error message File not found, since passing File path as argument
2) Run the job with Invocation Id using Director. Status - Job Aborted with Error message File not found, since passing File path as argument.
3) Run the Job with no Invocation Id. Status - Success. (No warnings and No Errors)
4) Run the job through sequence with different Invocation Id. Status - Success.

Can anybody help us to resolve this issue
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

Look in the Director log in each case, to determine what value was used (supplied) for the job parameter in question.

I'm not really certain that there's any value in running parallel jobs as multiple instance - for example, unless you're really careful, you will get name clashes on control file names for Data Sets and File Sets, not to mention any files you might be creating. I'd advocate configuring additional nodes for the parallel job, and restricting multi-instance running to server jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ramabbm
Participant

Post by ramabbm »

Yes, I looked into directory log and job parameter values are coming correctly.

I think the problem is with multiinstance. As you said we might have to remove multi-instance option.

Thanks a lot.

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard! :D

Look in the Director log in each case, to determine what value was used (supplied) for the job parameter in question.

I'm not really certain that there's any value in running parallel jobs as multiple instance - for example, unless you're really careful, you will get name clashes on control file names for Data Sets and File Sets, not to mention any files you might be creating. I'd advocate configuring additional nodes for the parallel job, and restricting multi-instance running to server jobs.